The Livingston County Library offers exam proctoring for those online students at both branches. Designated library staff at any Livingston County Library branch location may proctor both written and online exams for students. The Library reserves the right to offer proctoring services based on the availability of personnel, facilities, and technology to do so. Proctoring is a value added FREE service which requires advance planning. However, the student must pay all costs associated with the proctored exam. These include, but are not limited to, charges for printouts, photocopies, faxes, and postage. The library is not responsible for any costs in obtaining or returning the examination.
- All exams are to be taken on site. No test will be proctored unless the student is physically present.
- All exams are proctored by appointment only and must be scheduled a minimum of 48 hours in advance of test time in order to ensure both proctor and space availability. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Library if they are unable to make the appointment.
- Exams will be scheduled during the library’s open business hours of Monday through Friday from 9 am until 5 pm and during the designated proctor’s regular work hours. Tests must be completed 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Student must call prior to their appointment to make sure the test or login information has arrived. It is not the proctor’s responsibility to contact the student.
- Students are responsible for obtaining all information necessary to take a test online. All online tests are subject to the rules, time limits, and restrictions of the Computer Use Policy.
- Proctors are not able to monitor a student continuously during an exam, but will check on the student periodically. The library cannot guarantee quiet work spaces, but will try to place test taker away from high traffic areas.
- The student is required to come prepared with the items required for taking the exam, such as pencils, paper, calculator, picture I.D. etc. The library will not provide any supplies.
- Exams not completed by the test taker within 30 days of receipt by the Library will be discarded or returned unless prior arrangements are made.
The Livingston County Library reserves the right to refuse to proctor any test which fails to comply with the above procedures, or interferes with the daily operation of the library.