Barnabas Home is our newly remodeled 64 bed community located in the “Home of Sliced Bread” – Chillicothe Missouri. The Barnabas Home serves Livingston County and all of Northwest and North Central Missouri including Kansas City. In addition to Barnabas’ services we also have ADA accessibility, weekly in-house AA meetings and we integrate closely with several local licensed professionals and facilities such as:
- North Central Missouri Mental Health (Chillicothe and Trenton)
- Preferred Family Healthcare (Trenton)
- Hedrick Medical Center (Chillicothe and affiliated w. St. Luke’s in Kansas City)
- Research Psychiatric Hospital (Kansas City)
- Signature Hospitals (North Kansas City and Liberty)
- Monarch Hospital (Cameron MO)
Our community offers excellent recreational resources for our residents to enjoy as well.
- Grand River area YMCA – the YMCA offers adult fitness, sports, aquatic classes and life-long learning skills such as crochet and sewing.
- Simpson Memorial Park – the park offers an old-style park setting that sits on 36 acres with four pavilions, walking trails, lighted tennis courts, lighted volleyball courts, wood carving events as well as car shows and fall festivals. Located approx. 1/2 mile from our facility.
- Livingston County Library-the library offers approximately 50,000 items that include books, magazines, books on DVD and CD, services that fulfill recreational, educational, informational, and cultural needs
- The Chilli Bay Waterpark- The park offers a lazy river for a relaxing water experience, underwater bench seating and shaded areas, island theme with Tiki huts and palm trees
- Danner Park–the park offers great outdoor social setting with equipment specially made for senior citizens to play and enhance their physical and cognitive skills
The Barnabas Home
1301 Monroe Street
Chillicothe, MO 64601
“Encouraging Fruitful Lives”